Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Communication

Fisher rolls over from his back to his front, both sides and last night he rolled from his front to his back. I don't think he can replicate that yet, but it has happened once. He has also started making raspberries and sucking in air with noise to communicate.
Lucy started singing the songs from the movies she watches. I borrowed Mamma Mia from one of my YW and she watched the beginning with me and then started playing. She walked by at one point and started singing "honey, honey", that is the first song. Then today she re-enacted Sesame Street to herself. She was singing the Elmo's world song, better than ever before and then started saying "mine". I didn't get it at first, but everyone had "mine-itis" today and the only cure was for Oscar to share with them. She is speaking so much better too. She tells me all the time that "Sisher hungy" or "I hungy, mama." She also said her first prayer last week. As we prompted her she said a loud "Dear" then she whispered "Heavenly" and then back to her loud voice until "Jesus" which she whispered again. As I prompted her to be thankful for something, I said "thankful" (me), "thankful"(Lucy), "for" (me), "six" (Lucy). She always skips five as she counts.
Gary finished another Masters class, so we get him every night of the week until June. I am so happy and yet dreading June. Then he will have class Mon-Thur evenings. I dread until June 15th when I will be going to see my family in IN and then I think Gary is dreading being alone.

2 comments:

The Miranda's said...

Yea!!! We are so excited to see you and your little ones! and that is great that everyone is progressing in a healthy way! woohoo

Brooke said...

Yea for a visit to Indiana!!! Please let me know if you have some time, would love to see you and the kids.