Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Trauma

With Grandpa's visit, came a new entertainment stand. Lucy loves it and is curious about it. So, yesterday she was playing with a little chair of hers and she tipped it over onto the stand. Blood started to gush because it was a head wound. She screamed for a long time. Gary wasn't home but luckily I have great neighbors who rushed over to help. We tried to calm Lucy by giving her a sucker, but it didn't work. What did? Frozen peas. That was all she wanted. I wonder if the ice had something to do with enemia. She and I were covered with blood by the time it was all over. We gave her a bath, and she was excited when I got out a new pair of pajamas for her to wear. She would forget about it and be fine. Then remember and get upset again. But when we changed the bandage before bed, she was fine. Didn't even budge. What a tough girl.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little Lucy! I hope her little head gets better fast. We have those same Bandaids. They are my favorite! :)

The Miranda's said...

well that's a story!

LiciRae said...

Ouch!! How sad, Poor Lucy.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry she is hurt. This must be the week for Jones. Rebekah broke two fingers this week also. I wish I was there to help.

Jamie Jones said...

Having Lighting McQueen on Lucy's head is making her feel so special. They are great!

Peter Lee Family said...

How sad, she is tough. That looks like it hurts:(

Captain Gary said...

Love your site, photos and watching your children grow