Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Centralia Illinois







Lucy and I had the opportunity to go babysit her Kleinhenz cousins in IL at the end of Sept. We stayed a few extra days to spend time with Paisley and Grant as well. It was pretty low key and we had fun visiting. Grandma and Grandpa Ogden came to visit and brought Courtney too, so we got an extra bonus. Lucy loves being with her cousins. She loved the fact that each morning we would wake up, eat breakfast, and then get into the car to take the big kids to school. I think going on a outing first thing each morning was exciting to her. Then she would wait all day until we went back to pick them up so she could play. Elijah asked me if having a baby was hard. I told him sometimes because Lucy couldn't talk very well. The next day at dinner, which is always a stressful time for me as I try to make sure she gets enough of the right things, he said, "Oh, I see. Now is one of those hard times." He was right, another adult there would have made things a little easier. It was so nice to be able to see family at an unexpected time. The week before I found out I was going, I had been complaining to Gary how I needed some "family time". Ahh, tender mercies.

1 comment:

The Miranda's said...

i wish i could have gone...lucy is so big, and i love that elijah was so observant..it's great and funny.