Thursday, September 18, 2008

Well Done

Lucy decided to walk on Monday. I saw her practicing and so I grabbed the camera, which we have had out, just in case. I wasn't sure if she was really going to keep at it, but she walks all over. She is fantastic and has now decided she is a big girl. She fed herself her yogurt on Tuesday and opened her door for the first time. Yesterday we went to the park before I left for mutual and she decided she could go down the slide by herself. Not just the little one, but the big swirly one as well. We have gotten really lucky being able to catch a lot of her firsts on film, now I wish I were as dilligent about doing her hair each day, so it would be done for those little moments. She even likes it when I do it, but I don't want the rubber band to break all her hair off.
Gary only has two weeks left of his current masters class. He goes each Tuesday and so we don't get to see him on Tuesdays. This Tuesday, Lucy and I are going to babysit the Kleinhenz cousins in Illinois and Gary thought it would be perfect because he has his big paper due the next week. Well, it is due this week, so he has No Idea how he will fill his time without us. I am sure you will all see his sign-in name on the xbox each evening of the week.

3 comments:

Peter Lee Family said...

Way to go Lucy! Kids are so much fun-I love to watch them when they do something for their first time-they get so proud of themselves.

Tyler, Janna, Lily, and Niki said...

Yeah! Congrats to Lucy. I'm glad you guys are doing well and that we now have your blog. Ours is http://tylerandjannafamily.blogspot.com/ so check it out. We miss you guys and wish we could get together. Have fun and keep in touch.

Tyler and Janna

The Miranda's said...

yeah!! that's so exciting!